It seems that the standard American diet could have something to do with the national increase in heart problems; too much omega-6 fatty acids and not enough omega-3 fatty acids. One suggestion doctors make is to eat more fish, which contains a healthy source of omega-3 fatty acids. However, fish can be expensive, and not everybody loves the taste. One popular solution is an Omega-3 supplement like Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus. In this guide you will learn why Omega-3 is important for you, and answer the question: Does Omega Q Plus really work?
Covered in this report
Is made from calamarine oil and contains more DHA than fish oil supplements.
Also contains anti-aging nutrients like CoQ10, folic acid and L- Carnitine.
Best for: People who want more DHA in their omega-3 supplement along with anti-aging nutrients.
Why Omega-3 is Important For Good Health
Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that is important for good health. Omega-3 fatty acids cannot be made by our bodies, so we have to get it through our diet or supplements. The increase in many of our current health problems has been found to be caused by too little omega-3 and too much omega-6 fatty acids in our diets.
The current dietary omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is estimated to be 15:1 and higher in some people. For good health and to keep disease away, we need a much lower omega-6 to omega-3 ratio. According to the Center for Genetics, Nutrition and Health, a ratio of 4:1 was associated with a 70% reduction in total mortality.
Omega-6 is also needed for good health, just not this much of it compared to omega-3. According to Medline Plus, increasing omega-3 fatty acids in our diets can help prevent or alleviate many health problems including.
- High triglycerides
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bi-polar disorder
- Age related eye diseases
- Movement disorder in children (dyspraxia)
- Developmental coordination disorder
We can improve our health by increasing our omega-3 intake by taking an omega-3 supplement such as Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus is a way to attain a healthier ratio.
We can take omega supplements to increase the omega-3 in our diet. Omega-3 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs). The main omega-3 fatty acids are DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and ALA (alpha linolenic acid). EPA and DHA come from fish and algae while ALA comes from plant foods. ALA is converted to EPA and DHA in our body, but the conversion rate is very low.
Both EPA and DHA are important to good health as they accomplish different tasks in our body. EPA is best for inflammation, cardiovascular health and healthy skin while DHA is great for the brain, nervous system, eyes, memory and lowering blood pressure. A study by the University of California Davis found that only DHA lowered blood pressure and decreased LDL (bad cholesterol).
Omega-3 supplements that are made from fish oil contain more EPA than DHA. Calamarine oil is another form of omega-3 supplement that has more DHA than fish oil supplements do. Calamarine oil is a sustainable omega-3 supplement that comes from the food-grade trimmings of calamari or squid and an excellent source of both DHA and EPA omega-3 fatty acids. One supplement that contains calamarine oil is Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus.
Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus
Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus is an omega-3 supplement made from calamarine oil that supports cardiovascular health, blood pressure control and healthy cholesterol levels. In addition to the omega-3 fatty acids, Omega Q Plus also contains anti-aging nutrients . Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus contains the following amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and nutrients per serving (2 softgels per day).
- Calamarine oil concentrate - (1,250 mg)
- DHA (as ethyl esters) - 350 mg.
- EPA (ethyl esters) - 150 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCI, pyridoxal-5-phosphate) - 30 mg.
- Folic Acid - 40 mcg.
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) - 750 mcg.
- L- Carnitine (fumarate) - 200 mg.
- Coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone) - 50 mg.
The Health Benefits of Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus
With the increased amount of DHA from the calamarine oil, Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus can help improve circulation, lower blood pressure, improve blood vessel health, support healthy brain functions, eyes, nervous system and the colon. Since calamarine oil is not from fish (squid is not a fish), there is no fishy aftertaste or burping.
Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus also contains the Hydro Q-Sorb form of coenzyme Q10 that is 8 times better absorbed by our bodies than conventional CoQ10. Coenzyme Q10 decreases as we age and the health benefits from CoQ10 are so numerous, entire books have been written about it. The health benefits of CoQ10 include,
In addition to the health benefits of calamarine oil and CoQ10, Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus also includes several other nutrients with the following health benefits.
- Vitamin B6 is important for reducing high blood levels of homocysteine, which is thought to be linked to heart disease.
- Folic Acid works with other B vitamins in reducing homocysteine levels, builds healthy new cells and essential for keeping blood vessels healthy.
- Vitamin B12 increases energy, memory loss, concentration and works with other B vitamins to lower homocysteine levels.
- L- Carnitine works with CoQ10 to improve hearth health and increase energy.
Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus Customer Comments
Customer comments are favorable with most saying that Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus has lowered their blood pressure readings, gives them more energy and makes them feel healthier overall.
Customer comments from Amazon.com and Medhelp.org include:
- "What I like about this product is long-term sustained energy and blood pressure control. If you look at regular fish oil after taste and compare it to this product you will see how superior calarmarine is. Me and my wife have been taking this product for years." - Amazon.com
- "I have high blood pressure and this product helped bring my top number down. Good product and buying it on Amazon fast and simple." - Amazon.com
- "I am 44 and in good health. I have been using Omega Q Plus for four months. I have not had a doctor evaluation since I began taking the supplement, so can only speak to my personal feelings. I researched the supplement extensively, Dr. Sinatra and Healthy Directions as well. I believe them to not only be very legitimate, but the researchers and suppliers of some of the purest and best absorbed (i.e., most effective) supplements in the market. Omega Q Plus has a unique form of CoQ10 which makes it more easily absorbed (according to the literature). It also has a robust dose of a B12, which I largely attribute to my general increase in energy since taking the supplement. I must say, this is the first supplement I have taken and which I actually "feel" better -- more alert, more energetic, just more "correct" and "in balance". - Medhelp.org
- "I took 2 Omega Q Plus per day for 6 months. Before starting, my HDL and LDL levels were OK but my Triglyceride level was quite high at over 300. After 6 months on Omega Q Plus, my Triglyceride level was down to 100 (normal), and the HDL/LDL levels were about the same (normal)." - Medhelp.org
- "I am a 63 year old female, and I have been on Omega Q Plus for almost 6 months. After 2.5 months my cholesterol dropped 60 points, my triglycerides dropped 100. I also take two 500 mgs of cinnamon capsules each day. I do have a lot more energy than I used to, My last labs were slightly higher, but I blame that on all the junk I ate over the holidays. One more thing though, my sugar which was somewhat elevated in the past, came in at a normal level. Very happy with them - so is my doctor." - Medhelp.com
- "I had a severe reaction to Statin drugs in 2009. Almost Completely paralyzed; still going to PT. I began taking Dr. Sinatras Q10 about one month ago - 4 caps per day - and feel so much better. More energy, less muscle weakness, NO muscle pain. We are trying to lower the Prednisone dosage, and I feel I am finally on the right track with this supplement. I highly recommend the Q10 Plus....I have repeat blood work on 8/1, and am anxious for the results." - Medhelp.org
- "I take the Omega Q Plus by Dr. Sinatra. Had not been consistent with it daily as I am now after I got my Cholesterol checked. My Low density (LDL) was down and my HDLs were up and triglycerides were almost 200 below what they had been in years. I was elated over the tri report because it had been in the 400's in the past. Everything else checked out perfect. I will continue to take Omega 3 plus for another 3 months, and have it checked again…" - Medhelp.org
Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus Products and Prices
Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus is available in three varieties. All of the following have a 30 day supply (60 softgels) per bottle.
In addition to the Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus products, they also carry Dr. Sinatra's brand of supplements including multivitamins for men and women, magnesium, Seanol (seaweed), CoQ10 and more.
About Dr. Sinatra
Dr. Stephen Sinatra is a respected cardiologist who has more than 30 years of medical practice and research. He began as an attending physician at Manchester Memorial Hospital in Manchester, Connecticut. His medical career there include nine years as chief of cardiology, 18 years as director of medical education, seven years as director of echocardiography, three years as director of cardiac rehabilitation, and one year as director of the weight reducing program. Dr. Sinatra also founded the New England Heart Center in 1987.
Dr. Sinatra is a well-known advocate of combining conventional medical treatments of heart disease with nutritional and anti-aging therapies. He has written more than a dozen books including The Great Cholesterol Myth and Reverse Heart Disease Now. His credentials include:
- Fellow, American College of Nutrition
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certified, American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Certified, Massachusetts Society of Bioenergetic Analysis
Dr. Sinatra: Why I Chose a Career in Integrative Medicine / YouTube
Since many of us do not eat the perfect diet to attain a healthy omega-6 to omega-3 ratio, Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus can improve our health and get us closer to a healthier ratio. Since Dr. Sinatra's Omega Q Plus is made with calamarine oil, it is high in DHA with all of the health benefits of DHA and EPA. Most customers wrote that this product does work as advertised and did lower their blood pressure, lowered their cholesterol numbers, and made them feel healthier.
Omega-3 Health Risks
There are a few health risks when taking omega-3 supplements. Omega-3 fish oil supplements can thin the blood, so those who take blood thinners such as warfarin or are susceptible to bruising easily or bloody noses, should talk to their doctor first.
Omega-3 supplements do lower blood pressure, so those who are already taking medication for high blood pressure should talk to their doctor before taking an omega-3 supplement.